Requirements Effective October 30, 2021
Provide proof of vaccination
- Air passengers flying on domestic, transborder, or international flights departing from certain airports in Canada; and
- Rail passengers on VIA Rail and Rocky Mountaineer trains.
- For a short transition period until November 29, 2021, travelers have the option to show proof of a valid COVID-19 molecular test in order to board.
Requirements Effective November 30, 2021
- COVID-19 molecular test will no longer be accepted as an alternative to vaccination.
How do these new travel requirements impact departing TFWs?
- Unvaccinated foreign nationals who normally reside outside of Canada and who entered Canada prior to October 30. Until February 28, they will be able to take a flight for the purpose of departing Canada if they show proof of a valid COVID-19 molecular test at the time of travel.
Mandatory Vaccinations to Travel
- October 30
- Boarding any flights in Canada for international travel
- Via Rail or Rocky Mountaineer
- Exemption – November 30 providing a negative PCR test and one shot
- Working with OMAFRA
- Ministers level
- Federal Government
- ESDC have not been consulted
Border Opening Up
- Next month for fully vaccinated non-essential travel
- No testing required at this time at land crossing
- Air travel will align in the upcoming weeks
- All travellers will be required to be vaccinated by January