Incoming travellers, foreign or nationals do not need to quarantine providing they are double vaccinated and meet the following requirements. They do however need to file a quarantine plan (along with all other information using Arrive CAN) should their arrival results are positive. The following criteria must be met to be exempt from quarantine, hotel stopover and day-8 testing.
Entry requirements with children before August 9 check if you qualify for the exemption. To qualify for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption, you must:
- be eligible to enter Canada on the specific date you enter
- have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines
- have received your last dose at least 14 days prior to the day you enter Canada (Example: if your last dose was anytime on Thursday July 1st, then Friday July 16th would be the first day that you meet the 14 day condition)
- upload your proof of vaccination in Arrive CAN
- meet all other entry requirements (for example, pre-entry test)
Exemptions for fully vaccinated travellers
If you qualify for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption you are exempt from:
- hotel stopover (for air travellers)
- day-8 testing requirement
- Until August 9, 2021: Exemptions for fully vaccinated travellers are not available to those arriving in Canada by marine.
If you provide essential services or already qualify for exemptions from quarantine and Day-8 testing, you don’t need the fully vaccinated traveller exemption.
Accepted COVID-19 vaccines in Canada
- Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
- Moderna (mRNA-1273)
- AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
- Vaccines not currently accepted for fully vaccinated status in Canada:
There are NO exceptions for partially-vaccinated travellers. At this time, there are no exemptions from testing, hotel stopover or quarantine for travellers who haven’t received the full series of a vaccine or a combination of vaccines accepted by the Government of Canada.