If you employ IAWs under the agricultural streams of the federal Temporary Foreign Worker Program in your farm or agri-food business, please log onto the Registry (https://iawemployerregistry.omafra.gov.on.ca/) and take a few minutes now to enter your business and aggregate IAW information. We encourage you to update this information at least once a year.
There are many reasons to join other IAW employers who entered their business information in the registry – here are just five:
- help the province better support you and your IAWs during the arrival for the 2022 growing season and beyond
- enhance support for your workers’ health and safety, for example with COVID-19 vaccination and testing
- facilitate the coordination of prevention and control measures, and general health and safety activities with all municipal, provincial, federal and agri-food sector partners
- allow the province to better identify needed welfare, health and safety resources for your agricultural workforce
- ensure you receive important information tailored to your needs, such as notification about new programs and services, upcoming events or deadlines, or changes to legislation or housing standards
This small step will go a long way supporting the province’s and industry’s prevention and control efforts, keeping IAWs safe and healthy and giving you peace of mind during the growing season and beyond.
By working together and sharing information, we can protect workers, while maintaining the operational viability of farming operations and Ontario’s agri-food sector.