The Agri-Tech Innovation Program was announced on April 21st, 2021 as a $22 million cost-share program that will help farming operations and processor businesses adopt innovative and new technologies. The program is open from May 17, 2021, to June 21, 2021, with the early adopter intakes now underway.
The early adaptors category provides funding to businesses for implementation of Advanced Automation or Manufacturing Technology that can reduce the risk of potential COVID-19 exposure and transmission among agri-food workers, by shifting away from labour-intensive work practices or processes. Innovators work collaboratively to pilot or demonstrate technology innovations.
- Allow businesses to shift away from labour-intensive work practices or processes to help prevent the exposure and transmission of COVID-19
- Allow businesses to focus redeployment of workers to higher value-added activities
- Reduce the ongoing labour shortage pressures in the sector
- Attract more highly skilled labour to businesses within the sector
- Increase the productivity
- 35% of eligible costs for eligible projects, up to a maximum of $100,000 per business
- To be eligible for funding, projects must have a minimum total project value of $150,000.
For more information, please read this release from the Government of Ontario: https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/61224/ontario-investing-255-million-in-technology-to-protect-agri-food-workers
Find the Agri-tech Innovation Program: Early Adopters Submission Form here: http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/about/agritech_earlyadopters.pdf