2022 SAWP Information
- Effective on August 16, 2021, F.A.R.M.S. will be accepting SAWP LMIA for January and February 2022 arrivals. Important deadlines for requesting workers include:
- Updated LMIA applications can be accessed here
- Current worker-arrival-to-date lists can be accessed by contacting F.A.R.M.S. at firstname.lastname@example.org, which can be applied towards the 2022 cohort.
- Include worker codes with submitted LMIA applications, not Health Card or Social Insurance Number information
|Arrival Date||LMIA Application due to F.A.R.M.S.|
|January 1 -31 2022||August 16-31, 2022|
|February 1-28 2022||August 16 – September 30, 2021|
|March 1-31, 2022||September 1 – October 31, 2021|
- Provide a recently approved (within 8 months) Housing Inspection Report inclusive of any necessary water result (i.e. private source not utilizing city/municipal water)
- Confirm occupancy ratios for your region, as dictated by the local Public Health Unit
- Direct & Double Arrivals and 1st LMIA of Each Season
- Advertise on Government of Canada Job Bank, as well as 1 other source (Kijiji or similar, newspaper)
- Job listings must be active for a minimum of 14 days during the 3 month period before LMIA submission to Service Canada (20-30 days recommended)
- Must include wage rates and job descriptions. All necessary information can be found here
- Advertise until F.A.R.M.S. has reviewed LMIA applications
- Proof of advertisements must be submitted to F.A.R.M.S.
- Current SAWP wage is $14.39/hour
- F.A.R.M.S. administrative fees are $50.85 (tax inclusive) per worker and due upon receipt of LMIA applications
- Do not use Service Canada online portal for SAWP applications. Email directly to email@example.com or fax to 905-568-4175.
NOTE: If advertising requirements have not been met or information is missing, your LMIA application will not be passed to Service Canada.
NOTE: For emergency double arrivals, please call F.A.R.M.S. before placing an LMIA application as an LMIA may not be required where worker requests to go home due to an emergency. FARMS must still communicate emergency double arrival requests to Canag Travel and the source countries abroad.
NOTE: Cancelled vacancies are non-refundable.